Sunday 20 November 2011

I TOO HAD A DREAM.....



every action has its meaning



It was summer morning, and my result of class 10th board examination was to be declared today. I was full of anticipation and so were my parents especially my father.
I had a sound sleep but my father hadn't, he was quite insomniac for the obvious reason: my result.
His anxiety was quite obvious for I was thrown out of my boarding school just before a week of the commencement of my Board exams,
and it was not only me but the whole batch were suspended and asked to not come to the school again and make their own arrangement for writing in exam.
Thanks to my Housemaster (warden) and my Sanskrit Teacher who recommended my name in naïve pupil list. They did consider me as the one as I've got a can't-do-mischief-at-all looks. But looks tends to prevaricate.
Soon I was asked to leave school again since I was caught in fist-fight with few friends, not once, twice or thrice but five times.
The day before my English paper, I was caught with a rod of closet, which I was waving in air and shouting slogans. My supportive house-master lost his placidity and presented me before Director and Principal of the school and they asked me to pack my luggage and move out of the school, but somehow I managed to stay there and took my last examination.
This was the account of disquiet of my father on the date of result declaration. I was placid for the obvious reason I knew what I'd done in paper and I was certain I'd get good marks. On the contrary my father was thinking that I'd scarcely pass by some grace marks for sure.
I got up, freshened myself and offered prayer to god for more than my usual minutes. I took my bicycle and my brother accompanied me to the cyber cafe.
The cafe was quite dark there. However my brother showed the place and helped me to enter. There were narrowly 2-3 people inside, all of my age or 1-2 years older to me.
"Roll number", asked the owner of cafe chewing tobacco he had in his mouth.
"Five-one-two-four-six-eight-three", I said in my usual tone.
"Who is this fellow??" he yelled after spitting the tobacco.
"What happened???" my brother became nervous.
"Nothing, he got just unusual marks." he said and turned towards me, "You didn't study here, did you."
"No, I was in boarding" I nodded.
My brother took the result and calculated roughly and said, "You got round about 85%".
80% was the score that was quite regal for the society I lived in, and I managed to get that.
I smiled but didn't say anything.
I was not happy over my score but my parents were. In-fact there was a reason of their happiness as they never expected me to get this marks under those circumstances.
I was sad not because I got less marks but because every guy with whom I used to be with got more score than me (remember the dialogue of 3 idiots: dost fail ho jaye toh dukh hota hai lekin dost first aa jaye to jyada dukh hota hai,: when friend fails we feel bad, but when a friend comes first we feel worse).

Anyway, the score was not going to change and I had to bear with that.
The very next day my father approached me and said,"We are sending you Bokaro Steel City."
"As you wish", I retorted.
Bokaro Steel City, or Bokaro, was known for coaching for engineering and was second priority of students after KOTA.
"We can't afford to send you to New Delhi, we are middle class people". My father said when he found most of my friends were going to New Delhi and Kota," and Kota is not as good as Bokaro", he justified.
"Ok...so which school I am going to?" I posed a question.
"Well, you are lacking with 1%, so you can't go to GGPS or any of the top schools, so we're thinking to send you in Holy Cross", my father hurled back.
Schools like GGPS, DPS were the dream of every students of Bokaro. But I was not privileged enough to join those schools.

But whatever happens, it happens for good.

I really enjoyed those two years of my life, which I'd have not really enjoyed in other prestigious schools. I got good friends and really good mentors like Mr. Samir and Mrs. Panna.
I just like to thank my friends of Holy cross, who never made me feel I am from other city. And Mr. Samir who acted like my true guardian and Mrs. Panna for never making me feel bore.
Last, I’d always miss some of my friends like Anupam, popular as Jumbo, Mandal, Nilesh, Pravin and gang, and Ashish Agarwal, known as Sethjee.
Love you guys and miss you.
live you life..



Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Test